Did you know that you could have early-stage gum disease and not even be aware of it? That’s right – gum disease can lurk silently in your mouth with no apparent symptoms. That’s why twice-yearly dental checkups are so important. If we see signs of gum disease, our Indianapolis gum disease treatment can help:Image Title: Gum Disease Treatment Keep Your Gums Healthy Read Transcript
Gum disease treatment is necessary when someone has the beginning stages of periodontal disease. And what that means is, they just have a lot of tartar buildup and their gums are red, irritated, bleeding, have some bone loss around the teeth. That requires additional treatment, additional time, to get that clean and restore them to health. Our baseline health is nice, healthy, tight, pink, non bleeding gums, okay? When you have periodontal disease, we have red, puffy bleeding gums. So in order to get them healthy, we just have to spend more time and it takes a little more effort. But to establish that new healthy baseline is paramount to their good oral health.
- Rid your mouth of bacteria that can put your smile at risk
- Put your gums back on the road to recovery
- Prevent your gums from bleeding when you brush or floss
- Improve your breath and give you more confidence
Don’t risk your valuable smile! Call Isaacs Family Dental today at 317-298-3384 to schedule an exam, which is covered by our dental membership plan. We’re located near the Traders Point shopping center and have convenient early morning and late afternoon appointments available.
Gum Disease Therapy Can Help Your Gums Heal
Every patient of ours naturally wants to have the best, healthiest smile possible. A beautiful smile tells a lot about you; it can convey confidence, success, and a good self-image among other things.
If you’re suffering from gum disease, it may be difficult to smile genuinely. This condition can make your gums red and puffy as well as tender to the touch. Left untreated, gum disease can even cause your teeth to loosen and eventually fall out.
Gum disease therapy at Isaacs Family Dental can change all that, however. We use a process called scaling and root planing, also known as “deep cleaning.” Here’s what we’ll do to get your gums back into shape:
- We’ll first clean built-up tartar, plaque, and bacteria from around and below your gumline using special instruments.
- Next, we’ll smooth your teeth roots to make it more difficult for bacteria to collect there.
- This procedure may need to be repeated every few months if you’re prone to gum disease.